My name is Linnea. I will be going into my third year of the elementary education program this September. I was born and raised here in beautiful Victoria B.C. I consider myself very lucky to continue living in such an amazing place. When I finish my degree I hope to fully become an elementary school teacher. I look forward to the journey to come! In my spare time I love to bake, write poetry, do art, take nature photography, and be surrounded with my family and friends. 

Throughout this pandemic I have kept myself sane by going on adventures with my family. We have dedicated this time to exploring our beautiful home and just having fun. Our most recent adventure was tubing down the Cowichan River. It was an absolute blast!!! I would 100% recommend this to anyone in the local area… though please don’t forget that sunscreen. The next adventure will actually come this weekend (August long Weekend). My family will be going up to Parksville for several days to explore and just adventure. I am very excited. 

As i begin this course my understanding of open learning is pretty good as in my technology class last semester it was covered as a topic in which i learned so much about the great resources that can help students succeed in their academic environment. I learned that these are usually free and are available to everyone. I must say as a future teacher I look very forward to learning more about the open learning resources available. I am not as familiar with distributed learning so I look forward to finding a more in-depth understanding through this course. From what I do understand it is a private system in which students and teacher can interact in an academic space.